Sunday, April 18, 2010

I honestly have no idea why I am posting. I have nothing to say.

Today I have a question for the world.

Why the hell does no one ever see how amazing they are? Every single person on this goddamn planet has something amazing and special about them, everyone has some sort of awesomeness to them. It's sad no one can see it. Not even I can see the greatness in me. Anytime someone compliments me, I automatically say "not really but thanks." Or I go against what they said. And when I compliment people, a lot of them will do the exact same to me. So why the hell don't we think so? Is it just some stupid phase people go through at some point in time where they think they are worth nothing? Right now I am actually having a slight argument with GF over the fact that I am ugly and stupid and fat and not awesome. She says I am. I say she is. She says she's not. What the fuck is wrong with the world?

I realize I am swearing a lot here, but I actually just want to throw things and scream and cry and freak out. And smack myself in the face for writing all this when I don't even see the good things in myself. Growing up I've heard a lot of things about me. Those being: You are stupid, you are clumsy, you are getting fat, you are ugly, you are too weird, you aren't good enough, you're beautiful, you're amazing, you're funny, you're smart, you're epic. The good things were definitely never said enough. I think the bad things were sad maybe 100x more than any good thing, and by many different people. This is my excuse for the way I feel about myself. And maybe in time I can get over all that shit and see myself as somewhat cool or awesome, but for now, I still don't. At least not all the time.

And neither do half the girls I know. Heck, even half the guys I know think they're not as awesome as others. I blame the media. Seriously. All the media does is spit out images of The Perfect Woman and show us pictures of Equally Perfect Men. I don't get it. Why the fuck doesn't the media show the REAL WORLD?! The real world consists of people who are fat, skinny, in between, slightly curvy, beautiful, breathtaking, not so beautiful, and not so breathtaking people. And yet the media teaches us all that if we aren't just like the people they show us, we aren't worth anyones time. Not to mention bullying at school. In junior high I think I learned that I was worth absolutely nothing, and I still have some of that mentality today. Wanna know why? Perfect pretty pampered gorgeous girls. And all their stupid friends, and perfect boyfriends. Once you get to high school, there are ten times more of them. And then they turn on each other, and no one thinks anything of themself anymore since the media and their friends have all shown them how "horrible" they are.

We all seriously need to change the way we think of each other, and quick. Or soon, we'll have a lot more people who get depressed or commit suicide or become 'sluts' because of low self-esteem. Take a look around. Every single person you see is beautiful, each in their own seperate way. Get used to it.

Just Me.

2 comments:

  1. You are so right and so truthful. And I can never communicate what I want to say with a comment, because the only way I can communicate what I want to say is with a hug, and unfortunately you can't hug through the internet. (trust me, I've tried)

    ReplyDelete